The GameTime 350 Run: Terms & Conditions
The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant official ‘The GameTime 350 Run’ Website and advertisements will form the contract between you and us for your tour with us.
In this contract a reference to “you” and “your” include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
We are The GameTime 350 Run which is a trading name of GAMETIME 350 LTD. We are registered at St. Anns House, St. Anns Street, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1LT
- General Information
The GameTime 350 Run is a trading name of GAMETIME 350 LTD. The GameTime 350 Run is not a race or a time trial; it is a vehicle run for responsible sports and custom vehicle enthusiasts. It is forbidden for you to compete with other participants on the tour or the general public. Any individual found to be doing this will be removed immediately from the run, this will be with immediate effect and the remainder of your trip will be canceled without refund. In each country we visit you must drive with care and attention for your own safety and the safety of others. It is also mandatory that you comply with country specific laws and regulations at all times.
In this agreement, the following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise:
Means the place specified by us in the run pack as the place we will meet and start your run.
Means the place specified by us in the run pack as the place in which the run you have paid for will end.
Means the date on which we meet to start your run.
Means the date on which the run finishes, this does not necessarily mean the date you will arrive back in the U.K.
Means 1 or more people sharing a vehicle who have paid to be on the run and have accepted our terms & conditions.
Means a trip/tour with pre organised overnight stops on a suggested route organised by GAMETIME 350 Ltd.
Means whatever documents we send to you in hard or electronic copy to provide information about your tour.
- What is in the run
- The following items are included in the run entrance fee:
- Return Ferry or Eurostar travel to get you to and from Europe, this is likely to be a French Port and will be stated in the run pack (If a European trip) we reserve the right to change these details should it be unavoidable or beneficial.
- Minimum 4 star accommodation and breakfast (unless otherwise stated in the run pack)
- Any City tax at each overnight location.
- Parking at each overnight location
- The GameTime 350 Run Vehicle livery pack.
- The GameTime 350 Run Accessory pack.
- Services of one or more event organisers.
- Entrance to specific venues/events if stated in the run pack (Attendance and alcohol consumption is not mandatory and entirely up to the individual)
- The following items are not included in the run entrance fee
- Flights to the run destination.
- Any costs incurred getting to or at the Meeting Point and after you arrive at the finish line (Unless stated in the run pack)
- Travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you.
- Loan of a vehicle.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- Vehicle Fuel.
- Toll Road charges or country specific Vignette costs.
- Any Fines that are incurred whilst on the run.
- Personal loss, damage or any other expenses of any kind.
- Public transport or taxi costs to get from the supplied hotels to any events that are additionally included in the tour.
- Breakdown cover, neither in the UK or Europe.
- Recovery of a broken down vehicle.
- Passport and visa costs.
- Vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Tour.
- Food and drink over and above what we include in the Tour (Breakfast only unless stated otherwise in the run pack)
- Gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
- Any unpaid bills for food, drinks or additional services at the hotels in which we stay will be invoiced back to you. We allow 7 days for this to be paid in full and there is a £100 administration fee on top of any outstanding amount.
- The following items are included in the run entrance fee:
- Booking your Run
- You can book a place on our start-line at any time up to 4 weeks before the run. This is done by filling out an initial information form paying a non-refundable deposit on our website via our merchant services provider of choice which is PayPal. Other payment options may be possible but you will need to contact us for prior approval. The deposit is set at £199 Per Person. By sending a deposit you are therefore accepting that you have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are freely available at the time of deposit payment. You will receive a welcome email confirming your booking and further details after this point once we have reviewed your application to join. Only at this stage is your place on the run secured. The contract between us comes into existence at that time. You undertake to pay for the run you have booked and we undertake to provide you with the run we describe in our advertisements.
- If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into the contract on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
- The balance payment for all tours is due at latest 8 weeks (56 days) before departure. We will send you a reminder 1 – 2 weeks before the balance due date.
- If you are making your booking within this 8 week period, full payment will be necessary no more than 24 hours after receiving an offer of a start-line position via email or over the phone.
- Where the cost to us of any part of the run increases, we reserve the right to pass on that increase to you and to change the price of unsold holidays.
- You can give us your personal details, insurance, special requests, medical conditions, next-of-kin and passport details if you wish, but you must supply these in an appropriate format.
- Ordinarily you can only make payments of both deposit and balance via PayPal. If you wish to make alternative payments, please contact us for prior approval and instruction but please be aware this may incur an additional admin fee.
- The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your run will be due to us no later than 56 days before the run start date. We will tell you that last date for payment after we have confirmed our acceptance of your booking.
- If you do not pay us before the last date given for payment a late payment fee of £100 per person per day will be charged, there are no exceptions on this rule.
- Surcharges and refunds
- The prices given in the advertisements for our runs are costs current at the time we set them. If costs rise or adverse currency exchange rates apply, you agree that we may increase prices at any time to a maximum of 10% of the advertised cost of the run. If we do this we shall tell you the costs which have risen and the percentage by which they have risen.
- No matter what the increase, we shall not increase the cost less than 21 days before the departure date.
- If we increase the price of your run by more than 10%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
- A minimum number of participants are required in order for a run to be viable. In the unusual event that we cancel a run, we shall return the full amount of your deposit or other payment.
- Changes and cancellations by you
7.1 If you wish to cancel your run no refunds of any kind including the entry fee will be made under any circumstances. Without limitation, this includes; if at any point after you have entered the run (i.e. after paying any sum towards taking part in the run) you are unable to participate for any reason.
7.2 If for any reason at all you cannot continue to participate during the run there will be absolutely no refunds given, nor will you be entitled to any form of compensation from us. In this sort of unfortunate situation we will of course try to offer you the support and advice you may need to try to ensure you can still have some enjoyment from the run.
- Changes and cancellations by us
- If details need amending from the original registration form but are not received by us within 30 days of the start-line The GameTime 350 Run will cancel your booking. For those who fail to pay the final tour balance including late payment fees within 30 days of the tour the same applies. Under these circumstances your tour will be cancelled without refund.
- We reserve the right to change travel, accommodation and run arrangements at any point. This is necessary because many of our tours involve variables which are outside our control. These include, weather, acts of god, political issues, currency problems, transport and accommodation issues.
- If problems occur during a run, we will make alternative arrangements so as to comply as closely as possible with the description of the run in our advertisements.
- If a problem occurs which is so serious that we have to cancel a run before the date of departure, you may choose to accept either an alternative run if it’s available (paying or receiving a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or a full refund of all money paid.
- We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your run when:
Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or
The change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times for travel arrangements.
- We reserve the right to cancel any run, for which there are not enough bookings, not less than 21 days prior to departure. In the event of our cancellation, your deposit (and any other payment you may have made to us) will be refunded in full, or, if you prefer, transferred to an alternative GAMETIME 350 LTD tour.
You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
- Payment Protection
In order to comply with the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, all payments received by us will be protected with Travel Insolvency Protection.
- It is a condition of booking The GameTime 350 Run that you take out or already have appropriate levels of insurance. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate. Appropriate insurance may include, without limitation, minimum third party motor liability insurance, medical insurance and personal liability insurance, in all cases disclosing to the insurers that you are participating in the run.
- Passport, Visa, Driving License/Permit and Health Requirements
Please note carefully:
- To be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the end date of your run.
- Remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time.
- Check with your GP what vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them. Details are also available from the National Travel Health Network and Centre www.nathnac.org.
- If you are a national of an EC country and are taking a European tour, you should take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available from main Post Offices or online. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations, take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your holiday. Remember to bring certificates and confirmations with you in your hand luggage.
- You must ensure you have the correct driving license and driving permit needed to drive legally in the countries we visit.
- Run Information
Approximately 14 days before the Start Date, we shall send you the run pack containing important information relating to your run. This information will include but not be restricted to:
- Location and date/time of the run start line
- Location and date/time of the run finish line.
- Any important details relevant to a particular site that we may visit.
- Locations of all booked accommodation for the duration of the run.
- Parties, events and activities
13.1 The GameTime 350 Run may include entry to parties, establishments, events or locations which is included in the cost of team entry. This will be documented in the run pack. Attendance at any of the above is not compulsory, and it is also certainly not mandatory that you consume alcohol. The meet points are however a great place to socialise with the other entrants and relive the day you have just had. Showing of I.D is compulsory at some places, no matter your age so please have something suitable with you at all times. Some places will require reasonably smart dress; all will be documented in the run pack. We accept no liability if you are refused entry for any reason.
We will arrange accommodation as close as reasonably possible to the sites we visit. Accommodation will be in good quality hotels or lodgings with a minimum 4 star rating. Our aim is to provide either a twin/double room, whichever is requested, but this may not always be possible. En-suite facilities will be provided wherever possible. We will discuss your exact accommodation requirements when you have made a booking, but please note:
- We reserve the right to change accommodation to that stated in our advertisements – (see below “changes of itinerary”).
- Single rooms are normally available at an extra cost. However, if you so wish, it may be possible for you to share a room.
- Accommodation in some countries will be of a lower standard than comparable accommodation in the UK.
- Each team occupied room will require the details of a credit card to be supplied at check in.
- Damage – If any member of your team causes any damage to property during the course of the rally you as the lead booker confirm that any damages resulting in a claim will be paid in full to the individual, company or establishment within 24 hours of the incident. Please note that if the damage is intentional or malicious you may also have your details passed to the local police.
- Changes of Itinerary
- Despite careful planning, it is possible that a site may become inaccessible due to matters outside our control, for example through natural disaster or political turmoil.
- It is also possible that new information on local events will in our opinion benefit the Tour participants.
- We may therefore decide to make changes to the itinerary to accommodate either of the above possibilities. We will tell you of any such change as soon as we decide to make it.
- Baggage restrictions
16.1 You have to work within the restrictions laid down by any carrier we use. I.e. any restricted good in which you can travel with on a ferry or vehicle transport train. Policies vary from one carrier to another and from time to time. We will tell you the exact allowances and terms after you have made a booking with us.
16.2 Unless a baggage wagon is specified as an optional extra at an additional cost you will only be able to take baggage which you can safely fit in your own vehicle.
16.3 If you have an unusual requirement, perhaps for medical reasons, do contact us and we will try to help you immediately.
- Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy every moment of The GameTime 350 Run. We shall do our best to make the run as special for you as we can. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for points 17.2-17.15. It is also essential that you fully understand the statement in 17.1.
- Indemnify – You will indemnify the organiser, its directors, officers, employees and consultants against any and all claims, lawsuits and causes of action whatsoever or howsoever arising and brought against them by any third party as a result of your action or participation in the event, including without limitation, your violation of any laws or regulations or your breach of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
- The GameTime 350 Run (the “Organiser”) accepts no responsibility for the consequences of you being refused entrance or exit in to or out of any country or city during the event including any cost incurred, this is all participants’ responsibility and in particular any additional costs incurred are solely the participant’s responsibility.
- Any event which happens whilst on route to or from the start or finish line, or indeed during the run.
- Any legal events that may arise in the country which we are in.
- Any fines/convictions you may receive for breaking local laws.
- Any aspect of vehicle recovery or repair to your vehicle whilst on the tour.
- Any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- Any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us.
- Medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance.
- Medical emergencies.
- Your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us.
- Changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour;
- Problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return.
- Injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- 17.14.1.The act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
- 17.14.2.The act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your run.
- Services we have not provided. The services and features included in your run are those specified in our advertisements and in our run pack. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your run, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our run leader. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
- Local standards
- Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonably expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
- We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we or the service supplier has not exercised reasonable skill and care.
- Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- Limitation of compensation by international conventions
- We and you are subject to international conventions, when they apply. This may limit the amount of a claim you may be make, against us or anyone else. The most we will have to pay you for many claims for personal injury will not exceed what a carrier would pay under, for example, the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention for international travel by air, or the EC Regulation on Air Carrier Liability, or the Athens Convention for international travel by sea, or the Convention on International Travel by Rail. Please note: where a carrier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier for the complaint or claim in question.
- Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your run.
- Transport delays: limit of our liability
- There is no guarantee that trains or ferries will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances.
- Our policy if a delay occurs is to continue with our plans until the transport is cancelled with no suitable alternative being offered by the provider. However, if we considered it impossible to find a reasonable alternative form of transport, we would cancel the run and refund you all run payments.
- If you wish to find at any time to return home early or independently, for example by booking overland travel, we will provide whatever assistance we can. All expenses involved in doing so will be your responsibility.
- Remember that transport and other service providers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage or service. You will be bound by these as far as that service is concerned. Such conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant provider and they are often also subject to international conventions.
- Code of conduct for teams
- You must ensure that the vehicle you wish to enter the run in is in good working order with no issues before turning up for the run. It must also be correctly insured for the destinations in which we will be visiting (detailed in the run pack) and be compliant with all local laws. We strongly recommend that you have appropriate breakdown and recovery cover in place as well. We strongly recommend that in particular you check that your car will comply with noise pollution and emissions laws in the countries on the run. This is 100% your responsibility as per point 16.1 we accept no liability for refused entry into a country at any point on the run.
- All drivers must hold a full and unrestricted driving license and permit that allows them to drive in the countries in which we visit.
- You must respect every other person’s vehicle on the run as if it were your own.
- Irresponsible driving that may endanger either yourself or anyone else on the run will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove you without a refund from the run if this behaviour is displayed.
- If at any time it is decided that you are acting in a way that depreciates The GameTime 350 Run brand or bringing us negative publicity we reserve the right to remove you from the run without refund.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or run leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other run member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the run. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients.
- At no point must you consume alcohol whist driving or the driver to be under the influence of alcohol whilst driving. Note that alcohol limits vary from country to country; some countries have a zero limit on driving with any amount of alcohol in your system.
- At no point will any illegal substances be used at any point on the run. We operate a zero tolerance and anyone found to be in breach of this will be removed from the run without refund. We will also work with local police should there be a need to.
22.1 You agree to have the “The GameTime 350 Run” and our entire official event sponsors’ stickers placed on your vehicle at all times during the run. Our vehicle livery sticker packs are specially produced and are intended for non permanent use. We therefore accept no responsibility for any claims of damage to your vehicle as a result of applying or removing of said stickers.
- The GameTime 350 Run brand
23.1 The GameTime 350 Run name, brand and logos are subject to copyright. You are not permitted to use any of the above mentioned for your own purposes, this includes on social media, for printing or on websites. You are only entitled to display our branding on your vehicle in the form of the official supplied vehicle livery sticker pack or by wearing our official clothing or merchandise. Any individual that is found to be acting in a way that detracts from our bands reputation will be removed without refund from the run. Any use in a negative way of our branding outside of the period of the run may result in us taking legal action against you.
- Image & video rights
24.1 The GameTime 350 Run is an event that will receive media coverage, both from professionals that we hire and possibly by members of the public, we live in an instant media age. All teams need to acknowledge and consent to be photographed and to be featured in any filming which will capture the run. You hereby waive any and all rights of publicity or privacy and grant our partnered media professionals or directly GAMETIME 350 LTD full and complete permission to use photographs of both you and your vehicle for our own promotional purposes. You also consent that if we do use any photographs or video footage of you it may be edited at our discretion. You expressly release GAMETIME 350 LTD and all its employees, consultants, licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims which you have or may have for invasion of privacy, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of the production, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of photographs, footage or any promotional materials.
24.2 Teams are only entitled to take photographs and film footage of your participation in the event for NON-commercial purposes and only for personal and private use only. You are not entitled to reproduce or use photographs or footage of the event on any website, in any printed media or in any television programme without first obtaining the prior written consent of the organiser. You hereby agree to assign (by way of present assignment of future copyright) all your right, title and interest in the world-wide copyright and all intellectual property rights in such photographs or footage in perpetuity together with exclusive world-wide rights of exploitation thereof to GAMETIME 350 LTD. You shall deliver to GAMETIME 350 LTD within 30 days of the end of the run, at no cost to us, a .mov .flv format of all the footage originated by you at the run and copies of all photographs taken at the run.
- Complaints and feedback
25.1 We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling run, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your run leader immediately. If your complaint cannot be satisfied it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the leader(s), then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints. We welcome all feedback from the teams who enter; if there is anything that can be improved we hugely appreciate constructive feedback.
- In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 you consent to the processing of your personal data (in manual, electronic or any other form) relevant to this agreement, by us and/or any agent or third party whom we nominate. Processing includes but is not limited to obtaining, recording, using and holding data and includes the transfer of data to any country either inside or outside the EEA.
- The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland and the Agent agrees that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in England and Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland.
- If you are in breach at any point of these terms and conditions we reserve the right to remove you from the run without refund. This could also result in you being banned from all our future runs.
- We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions from time to time should we see it as necessary. You will be sent any updated terms and conditions. If you still choose to participate in the run it will be deemed that you have accepted these.
- In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires: